Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Butch Walker's Malibu House has Burned Down

One of my Blogger friends Misty Beethoven sent me this, thinking Puffy fans would be interested:

Malibu Fires Hit Home of Butch Walker

Butch Walker and his family have fallen victim to the wildfires spread by the Santa Ana winds across Malibu, CA. On November 24th a family friend was forced to evacuate the singer, songwriter and producer's Malibu home, which was being rented from Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Flea, due to the rapidly spreading fire. Walker was in New York City at the time on tour.

Says Walker "I had just consolidated my entire recording studio and house from Atlanta into the one house In Malibu. I lost everything I've ever owned. Every master of every song I've ever recorded, every piece of recording equipment, guitars, drums and things I've collected over the years, cars, motorcycles, every family memorial, heirloom, picture, and document we ever had.... Gone. I feel like I finally know the difference between 'going back' and 'going home'."

Walker and his family request privacy during this painful time.

You should, of course, know Butch Walker as the writer and producer of PUFFY's songs "Closet Full of Love", "Ain't Gonna Cut It", "Call Me What You Like (if you like rock 'n' roll)" and "Radio Tokyo". Definitely a sad day, although thankfully neither Walker nor his family were hurt.

Most news reports are calling this a "house owned by Flea" or just "Flea's house", and before today, the impression I was under was that Flea lived there. It's sad whoever actually occupied the house, of course, but now knowing that it's Walker just adds some relevance for PUFFY fans. Here's hoping Butch and family can get through this and rebuild.

1 comment:

  1. All the Puffy Fans love those songs provided by Butch Walker. We hope he and his family will be fine again and keep on making wonderful songs for Puffy.

    ReplyDelete