Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Collection

Even I admit that this is pretty crazy:

I don't think I realized what that was going to look like before I laid it out. I couldn't even fit everything in! No t-shirts, no keychains. On a shelf, it's not quite as nuts. I hesitated to post it, because I'm not sure what kind of person this makes me look like. Hopefully, just a collector. But it's been a slow news week, and I just wanted to post something. Anyway, this is the review backlog. Eventually, everything will be reviewed here. Maybe most of it, at least. Probably. Assuming I live a long life. I hope that I do.

Tonight in Japan (they're 13 hours ahead), Puffy play Hiroshima.

3 comments:

  1. it's beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic collection. Absolutely nothing wrong with owning all of that. Heck, I have 3 versions of Splurge (Japanese, US, and a US promo version w/different font, a plain black back w/track listing and the back of the front insert has a brief biography of Puffy and some "key selling points"). If I can get my scanner going, I'll be glad to scan them if you want. Also, what's the album sized goodie on the back left?

    Randall Flagg (AoD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LP-sized thing in the back is the laserdisc release of Run! Puffy! Run!. I've got a review of it up if you search around for it. (One of the reasons I started the blog was to go back and review everything of theirs that I own, including the older material.)

    I actually have three different versions of Splurge myself - the US
    version (autographed), the first-press Japanese and the second-press Japanese. The second-press basically just didn't come with the trading cards, and because of that it's got a thinner case. The first-press version had a thicker, more substantial case than most CD's.

    I've seen the promo version on Ebay, just looks weird!

    ReplyDelete