Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Official English site redesign

Looks like Puffy took one bit of my advice and redesigned their official English site. (Yes, I'm being facetious; I'm sure this has been in the works for a while.) And guess what? It looks just like their Japanese site:

I think this is great, for two reasons:

1. The old site was a monstrosity that took forever to load even on a fast connection. The new site loads quickly and is easy to navigate.

2. It brings their western marketing more in line with their Japanese marketing. The English-language market is not the same as Japan and the marketing won't always be interchangeable, but in this case it's just about promoting an image. And I've always advocated for us getting the "real" Puffy over here.

Also, I find it hard to believe that they'd push honeycreeper so hard on their English-language web site if there were no plans for a release in the west. I could be wrong - they did promote Hit & Fun on the previous site - but not to this same extent. Given that Sony has worked so hard to discourage importing of CD's into other territories (Puffy's own 59 was region-protected when played on PC's, for example), I take this as more evidence that a US release for the album is coming.

One thing's for sure: Puffy's staff have been busy people lately.

btw, yeah, I am posting this at 4:23AM on a Wednesday morning. My body still thinks I'm in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment