Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All Because of You Live

I've been sitting on a couple of these videos for a few days and other people went and posted 'em first. I may as well still link to them here.

You've seen the promotional video, now check out PUFFY singing "All Because of You" live (more or less).

Music Fair:


Hey! Hey! Hey!:


Music Japan (with a bit of interview at the top):

Aspect ratio's off on that last one. Annoying.

I'm trying not to be too negative about it but I think the weakness of the song really shows when it's played live. It just sounds awkward. I think the measure of any band is really how they sound live, and that's true of songs as well. PUFFY is a great live band, but this is not a great live song.

I'm looking for something that I can feel excited about posting again...

1 comment:

  1. 1. I can't disagree that their live performance is not so good(esp. in the first clip) with this song, although I said I see them singing this type of song positively. Apparently the language barrier makes Yumi sound bad.

    2. As Jeff and many others expected, they are making "Avril's lyrics" as their selling point, everywhere.

    3. In the last clip, however, they mainly talk about Butch not Avril.
    1:30 host) How was recording? Did you do it in the US?
    1:31 Ami) yes, in LA.
    1:35 Yumi) Frankly speaking, our producer Butch Walker is a very cool/handsome guy. It's rather like going to the US to see him not to make our record. =)
    Ami+Yumi) praising him..continues

    ReplyDelete