Monday, June 23, 2008

Ami's Brian Setzer Hot Rod Guitar

I posted in the midst of a drunken stupor a while back about Puffy's guitars - they really can play, you know. (Who am I still trying to convince?) Well, I didn't even realize I had this video - this is Ami showing off her Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod to Setzer himself. She says she bought it because it's so beautiful, even though it's too big for her.

And what the heck, even though it's not my favorite song, I've left their performance of "Tokyo I'm On My Way" tacked on afterwards.


I like how soft-spoken Setzer is; he even sounds a little nervous! The guy's a legend and he acts like that. Sounds like he's even trying his hand at a little Japanese at the beginning of the clip.

By the way, you too can own a purple Gretsch G6120SH Brian Setzer Hot Rod guitar, for the reasonable sum of just $2,450.

1 comment:

  1. the fact ami is such a guitar fan makes me like her more :)

    i own a gretsch myself - one that costs about half the price of the setzer model, the electromatic duo jet:

    http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G5235T&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

    and that's only the starting price of the gretsch models!

    have to say that they are lovely things though, and well worth the money.

    ReplyDelete